This week is virtual Sports week with St. Brigids. You can engage in any activity that gets you up and moving. You could be creative and do an obstacle course, a balancing activity, a tumble. It can be as simple or as challenging as you choose. Make sure to send your pictures to me. I look forward to seeing them.
Oral language activity: Have a good look at the picture, observe it. Discuss it. Respond to the questions.
Maths: perhaps you could…
- Time yourself doing activities.
- Count reps and see if you can beat someone else in your family.
- Keep a score if you a getting points for shooting hoops for example.
- Keep record of a score.
- make estimates- e.g. how many seconds do you think it will take you to run around your house?
- Measure how far you can throw a ball.
SPHE: Can you sort the items into healthy and unhealthy activities.?
End of Year activities. Here is a chance for you to review your year and also to look at the year ahead.
Reading: Here is a lovely link to a nice book about school.